The testing phase is almost over on the latest patch but we need your help to make sure it is as solid as possible. Due to our limited resources we thought what better way to get the patch tested than in an open beta on Steam.
If you would like to get access to the latest content and don’t mind reporting any bugs and balancing issues found then simply follow the steps below and you will have instant access to patch 1.3 Beta.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Make a backup of any and all Character and World files before applying the patch below as any corruptions cause due to unforeseen bugs may well be irreversible.
1. Launch Steam
2. Navigate to your Games Library
3. Right-Click on Darkout and select Properties
4. Select the BETA Tab
5. In the drop down list select patch_open_beta
6. Wait for it to update and you will be ready to play!
We’ve created a category to report bugs for the patch beta on our forums and on Steam. Please use them in order for us to keep the current public version and the beta version reports in order and things will progress much smoother with fixing them
And now on to the patch!
You read that right! We’re very excited to announce the upcoming arrival of the newest and perhaps the most game changing patch in Darkout history!
Check out the details and images below (we aren’t including everything, because… well… sometimes it’s fun to find new content on your own, isn’t it?):
1. New Content:
- Storage Vault, holds 100 items
- New item and blueprint
- With GPS in inventory press “G” to get current position.
- Equip the GPS to get continuous position updates.
- place beacon and add description to mark a location or resource.
- Description in new PDM tab with Teleporters.
- Beacons within a certain range are marked on the radar.
- You can now place Teleporters
- Player invulnerable while still invisible during teleporting.
- There is a minimum and maximum range for teleporting.
- You have to wait 2min before you can teleport again.
- Teleporter uses Player energy during teleportation
- Turrets to defend your base
- Sign on turret if out of ammo
- Turrets use bullets or laser modules
- When destroyed drop any ammo still in magazine
- Attack lights and turrets
- Target search sequence – Turret, Player, Lights
- 20% chance enemy killed by turret will drop loot
(in future this will be expanded to enemies attacking blocks and other devices)
- Arrow drops to ground when it reaches range limit.
- Added Health Points for all Lights.
- New PDM tab – Radar shows Teleporters & Beacons close to the player position. Also lists all placed Teleporters and Beacons, left click on name in list to edit description.
2. Current Content
General fixes and tweaks
- Mining drop increase not applied to placed tiles.
- Quest – If tech level too low for next log will now display hint.
- Fixed a problem that may cause crashes when you kill an enemy.
- Check when craft item for the first time if it is a group item.
- Increased the range combinator will search containers for parts needed for crafting or research
- Changed some stack quantities to be multiples of craft quantity
- Added Tier level separator in the Research menu
- Fix to show quantity select in multiples of the craft quantities in the Crafting menu
Camps and Chests
- Placement rework – make containers more visible with lights and also remove the shrubs around it.
- Check all inventory slots to get total for item in inventory, and go thru all stacks to update total used.
- When purifying a gate, enemies spawn thru gate and not all over anymore
Big lab cabinet
- Increased size in world
- Increased inventory size to 30.
- You will have to research the new cabinet before you can craft it.
NOTE: When you pick up any existing Big Lab Cabinets they will convert to the new size when you place them again.
- cleaned up data errors caused by old bugs.
- Added icon for graves under Player
- Added count for Relic gates found and purified under Player list
We look forward to hearing back from those who opt in and help test the beta, with your help we hope to make sure we deliver as stable a patch as possible.
Thanks to everyone for your continued support!
Team DarkoutRead More