Big news this week are directly related to our Official Wiki.
Recently, we were contacted by Curse.com to bring our site on to their network!
And that means very interesting advantages for the whole game and the community
So what means that Darkout wiki is now part of the network?
- Multi-language support: Now everyone of you, dear community members, can go and create a Darkout wiki in the language you want (please talk to me if you want to help with translations).
- MediaWiki 1.19: This is a notably more advanced MediaWiki version, with more functionalities and in particular, it will provide us with a better support for internationalization,
- Spam filters. And more importantly, we will be also protected by Curse auth system, which uses a global ban system, so if a user is banned from a certain wiki, it will be also banned from the rest of wikis from the network.
- More exposure. Being part of the Curse.com family now gives us the visibility of a gaming network whose sites receive, around 4.4 million average visitors per month (more details ).
- Possible future game addon support. One of the more exciting features in Darkout will be mod creation. Thanks to the Curse client, in the future, and if the game gets enough popularity, we will be able to provide our community with a powerful set of tools to create and manage in-game addons.
And now we have a new wiki, I wanna remember you about our ongoing , we extended the time limit upto 3 minutes per video. Also due to how easy it is to integrate and watch Youtube videos in the new wiki, they will be really useful to illustrate the different game features. Remember we are not asking for any kind of high-value post-production work for the videos, simply raw gameplay will be great.
Here you can see a couple of videos posted yesterday by our fellow and veteran member Lazaek.
Base Building Award: ”Looking for that new pool, or just a tub in general? Well have some fun trying to recreate this!” – Lazaek
Combat Award: ”Lots and lots of jellies all in a 1 minute video ^_^” – Lazaek
Check out our categories list, each one linking to its respective sub-forum:
- (defeat Darkout enemies, maybe one, or a whole army… combat Strategies, surviving in the last minute dodging enemies/boss).
- (craft cool items, research high-tech devices, unlock new items and technologies).
- (establish and improve your base, whether it is a humble and small hut, or a magnificient spaceship. Base re-structuring and good building practices)
- (Show how wire properly. Explain the best/most practical wiring techniques, and creative wiring!)
- (…can you show the world how to mine like a boss in one minute?…the really impressive cavern you just digged?…what about your mining techniques and tricks?)
- (This category is left to the unpredictability, to the people who want to tell a story, create a videoclip, or a parody about something, using some kind of Darkout gameplay, let your imagination fly)
- (plain simple, something that will make us laugh hard)
- (Darkout is a game that has tons of these moments that leave you breathless, contemplating its wonder and eerie, the landscapes, the music, the crystal blaze or the amazing backgrounds illuminated at that exact time of the day/night, that moment of calm after a rally fierce fight…)
- (Consider Darkout is your canvas, and it’s up to YOU to be the artist!! Show us your insane landscaping skills, your base/town building prowess, challenges of forced perspective, or go for the gusto and rebuild the whole map! Most creative use of the game assets will be rewarded!)
- (Darkout is full of armors and weapons, each one has its particularities, stenghts and weaknesses, but not everyone knows about it, so why don’t we showcase and explain us how to use them wisely? your findings… the best weapon/armor combinations and tricks on how to use them? I guess it would be great!)
Remember 10 Darkout copies are waiting for you, one for each category winner!
Jesús Fabre. Community Manager and PR at Darkout.